Alimak Mechanic | Young-Davidson Mine
Mining ProjectsFull TimeKirkland Lake, ON
Procon Canada East specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Since 1992, Procon has been building its reputation for its expertise in tackling and delivering challenging projects across Canada and select international locations.
As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in.
- Perform daily inspection of the equipment (prior to using) as well as properly scale all required accesses for loose rocks.
- Perform the required inspection of the work environment and station to comply with all related safety protocols, standards, policies and applicable legislation.
- Ensure drilling patterns follow the mining plans in a safe manner.
- Excavate, support, wash and blast raise rounds.
- Pour at designated locations.
- Diploma in mineral extraction or equivalent experience.
- Have a minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- Possession of a valid general explosives permit.
- Manual dexterity.
- Thoroughness and precision.
We thank everyone that applies but please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.