Administrator - Travel Management
TravelFull TimeKamloops, BC
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Travel Manager, we are looking for and experienced Travel Agent / Administrator to join the team in our Kamloops, BC office. The Travel Agent is a central member of the Procon Travel team. This is a dynamic and challenging role that is ideal for an individual who is service oriented, technology and system savvy, and has a keen interest in growing their Travel skills while working with a cohesive and supportive team.
- Booking travel and logistics for all site employees which includes scheduled flights, charters, hotels and car rentals
- Providing travel costs to the estimating department for all job bids
The Travel Agent is a key member of the Travel department and is expected to ensure that all travel requirements within the organization are completed within a timely manner. Specific objectives are:
- Logistics for all site employees’ travel
- Billing reconciliations
- Coordinate with site superintendents and site administrators on emergency bookings for employees
- Constant communication with airlines resolving changed and cancelled flights
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Working knowledge of GDS systems and other travel software programs an asset
- Logistics expert with geographical knowledge
- Experienced traveller an asset
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal in English and French would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to prioritize, manage time, meet deadlines, multi-task, while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must be very flexible with working hours
- Excellent administrative, organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong internet research skills
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is valued at Procon and increasing Indigenous representation within our company’s workforce composition is a priority. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.