Underground Labourer/Lube Truck Operators / Northwest Territories
Mining ProjectsFull TimeYellowknife, NT
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for motivated people who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in the Northwest Territories, this will be a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation opportunity.
The Underground Labourer/Lube Truck Operators on our remote project in the Northwest Territories is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Following all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Always performing the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Must follow company and legislated safety rules and regulations
- Lube and grease underground equipment
- Handle Materials
- Perform Housekeeping Duties
- Operate Basic Hand Tools and Powered Hand Tools
- Material Handling Equipment
- Perform work safely and follow established work procedures
- Perform General Tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Must be punctual and possess a strong work ethic
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Previous experience working in an underground mine in a Labouer or Lube Truck Operator role
- Ability to take direction and supervision
- Motivation to “get the job done” even when managing a heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly complete all aspects of the job
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of general tools and equipment (skid steer loader, drills, power washers, painters etc.)
- Ability to physically handle (lift, carry, etc.) weights up to 50Lbs
- Previous experience working in an underground mine preferred
- Though not mandatory, experience operating a Skid Steer and Telehandler would also be an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Fully Vaccinated in accordance with legislated requirements
- Preference will be given to those who reside in the NWT and we encourage candidates identifying as indigenous decent to apply
This position may involve frequent air travel to and from the work site. Applicants must meet all legislated requirements for air travel to work at the remote site camp with a work schedule of 14 days on site, 14 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.