Heavy-Duty Mechanic / Nisku, AB
Mining ProjectsFull TimeNisku, AB
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated people who are committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Shop Supervisor, we are looking for and experienced Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join the team in our Nisku, AB Division.
The Heavy-Duty Mechanic is a key member of the Equipment Division. The role responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Good comprehension when reading information and/or receiving verbal instructions as required to perform assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Advanced hydraulic and electrical troubleshooting
- Conduct full rebuilds of mining equipment
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and check equipment for defect faults and malfunctions
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem
- Conducting minor and major repairs on mining equipment such as CAT trucks and scoops etc.
- Test repaired equipment to ensure proper performance
- Clean and lubricate equipment
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems
- Fill out statutory logbooks, as required
- From time to time you may be required to provide coverage on project sites
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years Heavy Duty Mechanic experience
- Underground mining experience would be a definite asset
- 3rd year Apprentice Mechanic will be condsidered
- Journeyperson Certification (Red Seal) preferred
- Welding experience is considered an asset
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- For this position, you will be required to undergo a background check.
- Fully Vaccinated in accordance with legislated requirements
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.