Underground Haul Truck Operators / Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeBritish Columbia
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for motivated people who are committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Northern B.C., this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
The Underground Haul Truck Operators on our remote project in Northern BC is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the haul truck. Daily duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Following all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Always performing the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Completing pre and post trip inspections
- Monitoring vehicle performance, fluid levels and mechanical fitness of machinery
- Performing labour tasks as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- 1-2 years experience as a Truck Driver (Haul Truck experience preferred)
- Underground mining experience preferred
- Capable of lifting and carrying 40 lbs. repetitively and on a regular basis
- Dependable and able to commit to a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation
- Able to work independently
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- Must be prepared to adhere to all legislated regulations and company Health & Safety policies;
- Preference will be given to those who reside in Northern BC.
- Fully Vaccinated in accordance with legislated requirements
This position involves frequent air travel to and from the work site. Applicants must meet all legislated requirements for air travel to work at the remote site camp with a work schedule of 21 days on site, 21 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.