Underground Labourers / Northwest Territories
Mining ProjectsFull TimeYellowknife, NT
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated people who are committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
We are actively seeking experienced Underground Labourers looking for an opportunity to join our project based at Giant Mine Remediation project in Yellowknife, NT. This will be a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation opportunity with working hours from 6am – 6pm. It is everyone’s responsibility to get themselves to and from site each day. Resident of the Yellowknife area and encourage candidates identifying as indigenous decent to apply.
The successful Underground Labourers will be is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Follow all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Perform the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Installing services and vent tubing, installing fans and vent walls
- Inspects workplace for unsafe conditions and takes corrective action.
- Assist miners in completing their assigned task
- Operate/maintain equipment as requested (scoops, telehandler, Kubota’s and Toyota’s)
- Handle materials and supplies
- Any other duties as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 2+ years working as a labourer, ideally within a mining environment
- Positive safety attitude
- Experience working with a variety of crews and adapts well to working with others
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Fully Vaccinated in accordance with legislated requirements
Applicants will work a schedule of 14 days on site and 14 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.