Mining Engineers in Training (EIT) / Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeBritish Columbia
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated people who are committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience. Procon offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Based at our project in Northern BC, this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
Reporting to the Project Engineer and/or the Regional Manager, the Mining Engineers in Training (EIT) provides technical support for the project. The Mining Engineers in Training (EIT) on our remote project in the Northern BC is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Quality Control tracking to ensure compliance with the Specifications (testing frequencies, material approvals, notice of inspections, etc.)
- Assist site with short range planning including development, production, long hole drilling, and construction requirements
- Daily reporting/tracking of project to head office and client
- Tracking of delays, out of scope work and 3rd party vendors and materials
- Tracking of costs and productivities to identify trends
- Assist Superintendents with personnel planning and scheduling
- Manage and Track Subcontractors/ Material Suppliers
- Perform case studies and project works to improve site safety and performance
- Additional or alternative duties may be allocated by the Project Engineer, Superintendent, or Regional Manager as required for site
- Adherence to existing Master Service Agreements, labour law, OHS regulations and mining regulations
- Follow all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Perform the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- A minimum 2+ years of mining &/or industrial construction experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or related field
- Knowledge of general underground mining operations/processes
- Knowledge of construction involving mines, concrete, structural steel, hoisting devices, pumps, and fans.
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, MS Project
- General familiarity with ERP Systems, AutoCAD, MS Power Point
- Registered, or eligible to register as an Engineer with Engineers and Geoscientist of British Columbia is an asset
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- Preference will be given to those who reside in Northern BC.
- Fully Vaccinated in accordance with legislated requirements
This position involves frequent air travel to and from the work site. Applicants must meet all legislated requirements for air travel to work at the remote site camp with a work schedule of 21 days on site, 21 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.