Underground Miner / Yellowknife, NT
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
We are actively seeking Underground Miners at our Giant Mine project in Yellowknife, NWT. This is great opportunity for individuals interested in an in-town position working Monday to Friday with a competitive compensation and benefits package including safety bonus, RRSP, extended medical and training opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a resident of the Yellowknife area and encourage candidates identifying as indigenous decent to apply.
You will be responsible for:
- Installing underground rock support (bolts and mesh);
- Installing mine services;
- Operating various pieces of underground mining equipment;
- Performing underground construction related work;
- Becoming an active member of the mine rescue team;
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years working full-time in an underground mine environment;
- Experienced in installation of ground support using a jackleg & stoper
- Experience operating scooptrams, scissorlifts, and other underground equipment;
- Shotcrete/concrete/construction experience would be considered an asset;
- Slinging / rigging experience would be considered an asset;
- Must be prepared to adhere to all legislated regulations and company Health & Safety policies;
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test. Must be prepared to work a Monday - Friday schedule.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.