Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at one of our projects in Western Canada. This will be a work rotation to be determined and communicated based on the project and location.
We are actively seeking Underground Miners who are looking for an opportunity to join one of our projects in Western Canada. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Mucking out rounds
- Installing underground rock support (bolts and mesh)
- Installing ground support and mine services
- Operating various pieces of underground mining equipment
- Performing underground construction related work
- Follow all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Perform the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Other mining related tasks as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years experience operating underground mining equipment
- Experienced in installation of ground support using a jackleg & stoper
- Experience operating scooptrams, scissorlifts, haul trucks and other underground equipment;
- Shotcrete/concrete/construction experience would be considered an asset;
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing teams
The position working schedules will be determined and communicated based on the project and location. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.