Miner I - Northern Saskatchewan
Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at Northern Saskatchewan, this will be a 2 week on / 2 week off rotation opportunity.
The Miner I will be responsible for operating various underground mining equipment in a safe and efficient manner, must be proficient in all aspects of underground mining. Successful candidates will contribute to, and participate in, a flexible and motivated team who are committed to the achievement of quality production goals. They will operate within the shift to ensure optimum productivity in a safe and efficient manner.
· Must have over 8 years experience in an underground hard rock mine - preferably gold mining, with solid experience operating 1 and 2 boom Jumbos.
· Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines.
· Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements.
· Achieve production and development targets by operating equipment to undertake drilling activities in a safe and efficient manner.
· Assist with other areas of operation such as service crew, install ground support and mucking operation, etc.
· Utilize mobile equipment and tools with due consideration for safety and environmental issues.
· Utilize reliable and accurate operational and practical knowledge to minimize downtime and potential loss of production.
· Capable of jackleg and/or stopper drilling as needed.
· Perform minor repairs, such as changing striker bars, couplings, water tubes and hose clamps.
· Visually inspect, sound, scale and wash down work area, check for bootlegs and missholes, flags lifters, adds or repairs vent tubing.
· Complete daily logbooks on equipment and submit written and verbal reports to supervisor.
Other: Work in accordance with company standards, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, including the Code of Conduct.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Must have a minimum 8 years’ experience in an underground hard rock mine - preferably gold mining.
· Five years’ operating experience on 1 and 2 boom Jumbo.
· Must hold or be able to obtain a valid Saskatchewan blasting ticket.
· Demonstrated ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining.
· Ability to undertake drilling and blasting activities in a safe and efficient manner.
· Must follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines.
This position will involve working in a remote site camp with a work schedule of 14 days on site, 14 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.