Labourer / Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Northern B.C., this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
The Labourer on our remote project in Northern BC is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Handle Materials
- Perform Housekeeping Duties
- Operate Basic Hand Tools and Powered Hand Tools
- Material Handling Equipment
- Perform work safely and follow established work procedures
- Perform General Tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- Must be punctual and possess a strong work ethic
- Must follow company and legislated safety rules and regulations
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Ability to take direction and supervision
- Motivation to “get the job done” even when managing a heavy workload and tight deadlines
- Ability to accurately and thoroughly complete all aspects of the job
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with others
- Knowledge of general tools and equipment (skid steer loader, drills, power washers, painters etc.)
- Ability to physically handle (lift, carry, etc.) weights up to 50Lbs
- Previous experience working in in underground mine preferred
- Though not mandatory, experience operating a Forklift and Zoom Boom would also be an asset.
- Preference will be given to those who reside in Northern BC.
This position will involve working in a remote site camp with a work schedule of 21 days on site, 21 days off site. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.