Heavy Duty Mechanics / Northern Prairies
Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at one of our projects in the Northern Prairies. This will be a work rotation to be determined and communicated based on the project and location.
We are actively seeking Heavy Duty Mechanics who are looking for an opportunity to join one of our projects in the Northern Prairies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Good comprehension when reading information and/or receiving verbal instructions as required to perform assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Inspect equipment for proper performance and check equipment for defect faults and malfunctions
- Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem
- Conducting minor and major repairs on mining equipment such as Sandvik drills, CAT trucks and scoops etc.
- Test repaired equipment to ensure proper performance
- Clean and lubricate equipment
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems.
- Fill out statutory logbooks, as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years Heavy Duty Mechanic experience
- Journeyperson Certification (Red Seal)
- Provincially regulated Common Core
- Previous underground mining experience is required
- Welding experience is considered an asset
- Must be prepared to adhere to all legislated regulations and company Health & Safety policies
- Experience working with a variety of crews and adapts well to working with others
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
The position working schedules will be determined and communicated based on the project and location. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.