Project HSE Advisor
Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Northern B.C., this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
Reporting to the Regional HSE Manager the Project HSE Advisor is a key member of the Project HSE Team this role will also contribute to the development and implementation of Procon’s HSE Strategy. The Project HSE Advisor on our remote project in Northern BC is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Work in accordance with Procon’s values and demonstrate commitment, active involvement, and leadership.
- Demonstrate leadership and commitment to legal and regulatory requirements for health and safety.
- Responsible for maintaining healthy working and environmentally sound practices.
- Incorporate health and safety awareness as part of all program/project activities and work priorities.
- Demonstrate respect for environment in which Procon operates and create a culture where we work together to effectively manage our environmental responsibilities.
- Provide leadership to the team through communication of vision and values.
- Inspire the team to take ownership for delivery of results.
- Participate in the team-based culture which focuses on service quality.
- Build an environment based on sharing knowledge and innovation.
- Motivate people by supporting daily HSE performance, facilitating consistent communication, and providing ongoing coaching, mentoring, and training.
- Plan and implement key HSE solutions.
- Foster a collaborative culture which encourages the capture of organisational
- knowledge, openly sharing innovative ideas and challenging norms.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Diploma/Certificate in Health, Safety and Environment or related discipline.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) considered an asset.
- Experience and Qualifications - Auditing, Incident Investigation, Risk Management.
- Experience in Engineering, Major Project Delivery, Consulting, Mining and / or Operations.
- 5 / 10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, influence, develop and coach.
- Highly developed presentation, written and oral skills.
- Ability to develop effective professional relationships.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be discrete and manage high level confidential information.
- Ability to plan own work and demonstrate good time management skills.
This position will involve working in a remote site camp with a work schedule of 21 days on site, 21 days off site.
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.