Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at one of our projects in Western Canada. This will be a work rotation to be determined and communicated based on the project and location.
- We are actively seeking Jumbo Operators who are looking for an opportunity to join one of our projects in Western Canada. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Setting up and operating a jumbo
- Drilling and blasting
- Visually inspecting, sound, scale and wash down work area, check for bootlegs and miss holes, flags lifters and paint the face
- Assessing the ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements
- Load and prime development round with bulk emulsion and electronic detonators following engineering design;
- Perform minor repairs
- Complete daily reports on equipment and workplace
- Following all policies and processes at the mine site and underground
- Performing the role safely and ensures Health & Safety is the number one priority
- Other mining related tasks as required
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years experience operating jumbo drilling rigs in an underground mine
- Underground Common Core
- Able to work independently
- Ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing teams
The position working schedules will be determined and communicated based on the project and location. For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.