Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Project Superintendent is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the site activities of Procon’s underground mining and construction projects – often in remote and logistically challenging locations. The Project Superintendent will act as the site liaison with the Client, develop a strong safety culture amongst the team, and manage the day-to-day scheduling, manpower, and equipment resourcing to deliver on our contractual commitments. Supported by a strong multi-functional team, the Project Superintendent will be an excellent communicator, proactive, and results driven.
The Project Superintendent is a key member of the Operations team and is accountable for the portfolio of projects in their region. The Project Superintendent will perform leadership duties in the field while ensuring exceptional standards in health & safety, quality, and environmental stewardship. Specific responsibilities are:
- Be a Safety Leader through a commitment to a positive safety culture at site. Promote Procon’s behavioural based safety systems and be uncompromising when it comes to protecting the health & safety of our employees, our client, and our sub-contractors.
- Responsible for managing site based underground mining and maintenance teams by giving clear direction and delegation of authority to ensure they can meet their goals and objectives.
- Effectively manage labour and equipment resources with the goal of developing a cohesive and proactive team focused on the best outcome for the project.
- Efficiently manage the project while staying focussed on medium and long-term goals, while eliminating roadblocks to success. Be clear on the client’s contractual expectations and schedule requirements and work collaboratively with the support teams to deliver on these commitments.
- Liaise with the Client and regulatory agencies as required, be proactive and address any concerns that may arise.
- Liaise with Head Office and Equipment Division Management to ensure an open line of communication is being maintained and all service functions are meeting the needs of the project.
- Be the “face” of the company at the job-site, develop strong relationships with the Client, listen to the Client’s perspective, and work collaboratively to resolving any concerns while delivering on the scope of work and developing new opportunities.
- Rotational work is required to remote work sites – typically on a 14 on / 14 off, or 21 on / 21 off roster.
- A minimum 10 to 20 years of combined mine engineering and/or operational experience is required in a mine operation or contracting setting – preferably with an extensive and broad range of underground experience in a leadership role.
- A technical background in a field related to the mining industry (eg: Mining Engineer or Technologist) and/or a Project Management designation is preferred, but not essential.
- Demonstrated leadership capability with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Secondary language skills (Spanish and/or French) would be beneficial but are not essential.
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
Procon Mining and Tunnelling offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.