Underground Miner / Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Northern B.C., this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
The Underground Miner on our remote project in Northern BC is responsible and accountable for the following:
- Installing underground rock support (bolts and mesh)
- Installing mine services
- Operating various pieces of underground mining equipment
- Performing underground construction related work
- Becoming an active member of the mine rescue team
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 3-5 years working full-time in an underground mine environment
- Experienced in installation of ground support using a jackleg & stoper
- Experience operating scooptrams, scissorlifts, and other underground equipment
- Shotcrete/concrete/construction experience would be considered an asset
- Slinging / rigging experience would be considered an asset
- Must be prepared to adhere to all legislated regulations and company Health & Safety policies
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Dependable and able to commit to a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
- Those will fewer years of experience may be considered if they demonstrate relevant experience an aptitude for taking on a new career in the underground mining business.
This position will involve working in a remote site camp with a work schedule of 21 days on site, 21 days off site.
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.