Longhole Driller / Northern BC
Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Since 1992, Procon has been building its reputation for its expertise in tackling and delivering challenging projects across Canada and select international locations.
Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Corporate Indigenous Relations are a priority for the company. Encouraging qualified Indigenous workers to apply and contributing to the company’s efforts to maintain good relations with Indigenous partners is important. We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at our project in Northern B.C., this will be a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation opportunity.
The Longhole Driller on our remote project in Northern BC is responsible and accountable for the safe operation of the production drill, applying company / client safety procedures required to conduct work safely and efficiently. You will have excellent mechanical aptitude and communication skills that allow you to operate safely in an underground mining environment.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Five (5) years underground mining experience and a high degree of knowledge and familiarity with mining processes.
- Five (5) years experience Long Hole Drilling and running underground longhole drills. Preference will be given to candidates with previous in-the-hole (ITH) and reverse circulation longhole drilling.
Candidates will be required to participate in a comprehensive qualification process, including:
- Commitment to Safety, a solid understanding of mine regulations and compliance to all legislative, safety, health, and environmental requirements, as well as working to achieve daily production targets
- Complies with all Company/Client Standards and Client, policies and procedures pertaining to appropriate conduct for employees, and any other applicable standards, policies procedures as implemented and/or revised by the Company or by legislation
- Maintenance of accurate drill logs
- Knowledge and understanding of drill prints to successfully drill to drilling designs and standards
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing
- Provide proof of a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Provide confirmation of valid educational requirements
- Dependable and able to commit to a 3 week on / 3 week off rotation
- Positive attitude and enjoys being a proactive member of a high performing team
This position will involve working in a remote site camp with a work schedule of 21 days on site, 21 days off site.
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and pre-employment testing.
Procon is committed to maximize employment and training opportunities for local community members. Procon will make reasonable efforts to hire, develop and retain local community members by providing training, mentoring and employment opportunities in connection with performance of our work. This includes apprenticing with local community members, where possible.
At Procon our people truly are our strength. Each day we come together bringing our different backgrounds, experiences, approaches and thoughts. We collectively draw on the unique contributions brought through different education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, age, ability/disability, religion, languages spoken and Indigenous ancestry.
We hire great people from diverse backgrounds. If you share our values and would like to be considered for this exciting and impactful career opportunity, please apply on our career site on https://www.procongroup.com/careers/ or select "Apply Now".
While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.