Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at one of our projects in Canada and reporting to our site Superintendent. This will be a work rotation to be determined/communicated based on the project and location.
- Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines and rules related to safety standards and practices reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to a Supervisor
- Ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment
- Conduct pre-start checks of work area and equipment
- Read, interpret, and follow mine plans in a safe manner
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements
- Construct and maintain underground installations/work platforms and/or mechanized raise set-ups
- Scaling loose rock, drilling, loading, and blasting rock
- Load, prime, time, connect and test blasting circuit
- Visually inspect, sound, scale and wash down work area, check for bootlegs and missholes, etc.
- Utilize mobile equipment and tools with due consideration for safety and environmental issues
- Perform minor repairs on the Alimak as required.
- Work collaboratively with mining engineers, geologist, and the survey team
- Complete daily logbooks on equipment and submit written and verbal reports to supervisor
- Maintain work area with excellent standard of housekeeping (maintaining a clean work area, storage of materials and spare parts) and hazard identification system.
- Other duties as may be assigned
- 5+ years’ experience as an underground Raise Miner operating as an Alimak Raise Climber and operating a jackleg and/or stopper drills
- Valid Blasting Certificate, PAL License, Nexus or the ability to obtain a blasting permit
- Strong problem-solving skills related to underground mining, preferably in a fast-paced mining environment
- Good communication, interpersonal skills, adapts well with working with a variety of crews and working with others
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test and/or occupational health test.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must possess a security screening document or equivalent document as defined by The Mines Regulations, 2018. The successful candidate will be required to maintain their security screening document or equivalent document throughout their employment at their own expense, and will be required to provide confirmation of same and advise the employer of any changes to, revocation of or suspension of their security screening document during the term of their employment.
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.