Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Red Seal) - Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Since 1992, Procon has been building its reputation for its expertise in tackling and delivering challenging projects across Canada and select international locations. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. We are looking to build a strong team of select professionals who appreciate our industry leading approach to safety. This potential opportunity is for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at one of our projects locations in Canada, this will be a rotation opportunity to be determined/communicated by project and location.
• Good comprehension when reading information and/or receiving verbal instructions as required to perform assigned duties in a safe and efficient manner
• Inspect equipment for proper performance and check equipment for defect faults and malfunctions
• Perform diagnostic testing to identify problems and determine the solution to solve the problem
• Test repaired equipment to ensure proper performance
• Clean and lubricate equipment
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components, or systems.
• Fill out statutory logbooks, as required
• Minimum 5 years Heavy Duty Mechanic experience
• Journeyperson level qualification (trade school or college diploma) – (preferred) • Red Seal Certified
• Provincially regulated Common Core (required) • Minimum 3 years underground mining experience
• Must be proficient in maintaining a fleet of UG trucks, LH drills, jumbo drills (M2C) and bolters, mobile shotcrete equipment, Normet utility vehicles, Manitou zoom booms and CAT utility equipment
• Must be familiar with concrete shaft forms, Galloways, buckets and cross heads, hoists and winches
• Ability to read, and understand Hydraulic/Electrical Schematics
• Ability to use and understand Engine/Powertrain Diagnostic Software (both handheld and computer based).
• Ability to use/understand parts and service manuals, able to make parts lists for repairs required and or use service manuals to assist in diagnostics, and proper repair procedures.
• Ability to Service/Diagnose Diesel Engines and all powertrain/brake components of many types and makes
• Familiar with underground Mobile equipment Braking regulations//testing and adjusting such components. • Ability to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• First Aid Certificate is an asset
Our Hiring and Employment Commitment Procon is committed to maximize employment and training opportunities for local community members. Procon will make reasonable efforts to hire, develop and retain local community members by providing training, mentoring and employment opportunities in connection with performance of our work. This includes apprenticing with local community members, where possible.
Mining is our passion: diversity is our strength. Each day we come together bringing our diverse backgrounds, experiences, approaches and thoughts. Collectively we draw on the unique contributions brought by different education, opinion, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, age, ability/disability, religion, language spoken and Indigenous ancestry.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.