Mining ProjectsFull TimeCanada
Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) is one of the leading mine development contractors in North America. We are specialized in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, our workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do.
Partnering with Indigenous communities is key to Procon’s continued success. We invest in indigenous partnership solutions that offer mutually beneficial outcomes through economic benefits and capacity building. Moving beyond compliance, we truly value the experience and knowledge brought to our Indigenous partnerships by community leaders and knowledge keepers.
We are looking for a motivated person who is committed to growing their professional career at Procon while gaining valuable knowledge and experience.
Based at one of our projects in Canada. This will be a work rotation to be determined/communicated based on the project and location.
- Interpret and use appropriate sections of the current Ontario Electrical Safety Code
- Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to carry out assigned tasks
- Use test equipment to evaluate new, repaired, in-service and stored equipment using manufacturers recommendations and safety precautions
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults in electrical systems and replace faulty parts
- Troubleshoot failures and perform necessary repairs
- Perform periodic tasks and inspections of equipment and systems to observe operating conditions and determine what is needed for repair or adjustments
- Execute preventative maintenance activities including trouble shooting and repairs to all equipment in a timely manner
- Work in a safe productive manner to maximize quality, efficiency and availability while minimizing maintenance cost and unscheduled downtime
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Journeyperson level qualification (trade school or college diploma) – (preferred)
- Provincially regulated Common Core (required)
- Minimum 3 years underground mining experience
- Strong problem-solving skills related to troubleshooting equipment issues, preferably in a fast-paced industrial environment
- Previous experience of using computer software applicable to maintenance operations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
We mine talent and nurture innovation. Our people truly are our strength. At Procon, whether in the field or the office, you’ll be part of a cohesive team and work alongside great people from diverse backgrounds: people who love their work and are inspired to provide solutions to our clients and exceed expectations.
If you share our values and would like to be considered for this meaningful career opportunity, please apply on our career site.
We thank all candidates who apply, however please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.