Procon Mining and Tunnelling (Procon) specializes in underground mine development, contract mining, underground excavations, civil tunneling and mining related construction projects. Since 1992, Procon has been building its reputation for its expertise in tackling and delivering challenging projects across Canada and select international locations.
As a specialty contractor in a safety-sensitive business, workforce safety is the foundation for everything we do. Centered by our people, our company culture is driven on the tenets of integrity, innovation, relationships and performance for our clients, business partners and the communities we work in. We are actively seeking Underground Miners looking for an opportunity to join our project based in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. The successful candidate will be a resident of the Yellowknife area and encourage candidates identifying as indigenous decent to apply.
You will be responsible for:
- Installing underground rock support (bolts and mesh);
- Installing mine services;
- Operating various pieces of underground mining equipment;
- Performing underground construction related work;
- Becoming an active member of the mine rescue team;
- Minimum 3-5 years working full-time in an underground mine environment;
- Experienced in installation of ground support using a jackleg & stoper
- Experience operating scooptrams, scissorlifts, and other underground equipment;
- Shotcrete/concrete/construction experience would be considered an asset;
- Slinging / rigging experience would be considered an asset;
- Must be prepared to adhere to all legislated regulations and company Health & Safety policies;
For this safety sensitive position, you will be required to undergo a background check and be required to undergo a substance test. Must be prepared to work either a Monday - Friday schedule or 7 days on/7 days off rotation. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted
At Procon our people truly are our strength. Each day we come together bringing our different backgrounds, experiences, approaches and thoughts. We collectively draw on the unique contributions brought through different education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender, age, ability/disability, religion, languages spoken and Indigenous ancestry.