Office & IT Administrator
Facilities & AssetsFull TimeVictoria, BC
Overall Purpose: Power To Be inspires youth and families in need of support to discover their limitless abilities through nature-based programs.
Reporting to the Director of Facilities & Assets our Office & IT Administrator takes pride in customer service and in building strong relationships. This role is approximately 30 percent coordinating the organization’s use of information technology (IT), and the remaining 70 percent performing a range of routine administrative tasks including, welcoming people, answering phones and emails, supply management, tracking budget expenses, managing processes, developing standards, and promoting process improvement.
Our new Office & IT Administrator will be flexible and understand how to prioritize tasks while successfully troubleshooting logistics issues. This requires strong attention to detail, flexibility, resourcefulness, and exceptional problem-solving skills. There will also be the opportunity to undertake special projects to support the mission of the organization.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as the first point contact for anyone coming to site.
- Is informed of programing activities and Facilities work ensuring minimal conflicts between the two.
- Monitors and directs correspondence by phone and general email.
- Manages mail and deliveries, ensuring they are distributed to team.
- Oversees office supply and inventory management.
- Provides support to staff with Word, Excel, SharePoint filing system.
- Maintains our primary office space at the Victoria office.
- Assists with administration tasks like filing, direct mail, and communications.
- Is the first point of contact for staff technical troubleshooting, including hardware, software, printers, photocopiers and our phone system.
- Supports with account and system setups including basic troubleshooting and escalating to a third party provider when appropriate.
- Oversees third party IT contractors.
- Manages inventory and replacement plan for hardware. Including computers, accessories, and phones.
- Provides onboarding support for new hires with hardware and software setups, which includes coordinating the pickup and delivery of new equipment.
- Works with Microsoft 365 admin center and MS Endpoint Manager Admin center to manage users, software licences and billing.
- Oversees database maintenance and upgrades with our third-party provider.
- Works within a Microsoft 365 environment, including Azure.
- Provides knowledge sharing and training to new users on Microsoft 365 suite.
- Provides daily administrative and maintenance support for the SharePoint system.
- Provides first line of support, administration, user education, and security as related to SharePoint operations.
- Ensures the corporate electronic records management system is optimized for use with SharePoint to meet organizational business requirements.
- Maintains and secures the SharePoint platform and monitoring system usage and to optimize performance.
- Creates and configures new sites, adds and creates document libraries and lists as required.
Facilities and Assets Administration
- Tracks Service Requests and work with Facilities and Assets team to ensure all workspace and staff needs are met.
- Tracks & Supports office lease, permits, business licences, insurance renewal, Driver’s abstracts and other pertinent documentation.
- Assists in scheduling of Fleet maintenance.
- Assists in annual budgeting, reviewing GIK and funding opportunities.
- Supports site-based project with: Preparing and following change management procedures, Monthly reporting and budget tracking, filing and other duties as needed.
- Supports with policy planning review and creation.
- Facilitates staff training on use of internal systems, hardware, software, networking systems, processes and tools.
- Contributes to a positive and dynamic working culture.
- Adheres to all Power To Be policies and guidelines, and applicable legislation as they relate to staff and volunteer practices.
- Supports the People and Culture team with organizational policy and procedure implementation.
- Supports Occupational Health and Safety program, polices and procedures.
- Supports proper program procedures and paperwork; ensuring ethical guidelines, participant protection, privacy protection, risk management and other related policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Provides guidance and support to the program team with administrative functions such as database administration, pre-program documentation, progress reports, external and internal communications, log books, vehicle fleet maintenance, receipt management, participant files, and program evaluation and tracking.
- Observes or supports a PTB program once a quarter.
Perform other related duties, as required.
Particular Working Conditions In consideration of the mission we serve, it is preferred that all our staff enjoy an active lifestyle. The position involves occasional evening, weekend and overnight commitments. Working outside in inclement weather may be required at times.
The successful candidate must be a personable and an effective communicator (verbal/ written) who thrives in a team environment. Must possess demonstrated high level proficiency in administrative functions and computer use including Office 365 administration, MS Office Expert User, focused on SharePoint, Excel, Word and Admin Centre. Must possess excellent organization skills and exercise strong attention to detail. A high level of confidentiality and responsiveness is essential.
Nice to have or working towards Microsoft Certifications and other formal IT training, with a strong understanding of facilities management and maintenance. The ideal candidate possesses a demonstrated connection the mission of Power To Be. Additionally, experience working in a non-profit environment is considered an asset.
As per the Ministry of Justice requirements, job offers are contingent on submitting to a criminal record check.
Terms of Employment
Location: Prospect Lake (on-site)
Position: Office & IT Administrator
Reports to: Director of Facilities & Assets
Hours: 40 hours per week
Compensation: commensurate based on experience plus a comprehensive benefits package including professional development and RRSP matching
Review of applications will begin immediately and interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their full application here. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.