Facilities & Assets Coordinator
Facilities & AssetsFull TimeBritish Columbia
Overall Purpose: Power To Be inspires youth and families in need of support to discover their limitless abilities through nature-based programs. The Facilities & Assets Coordinator will be a hub of information and a resource to the team who will be responsible for organizing and maintaining the operational functions that the Facilities and Assets team oversee. This includes coordinating Power To Be worksite logistics, overseeing asset management including fleet maintenance and information technology hardware, software and infrastructure, and liaising with third party vendors. This role will also support the staff team with administrative and technical needs, as required and requires the successful applicant to be resourceful, dynamic, organized, and accountable.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
FACILITIES & ASSETS The Facilities & Assets Coordinator will:
· Maintain and coordinate asset inventory (IT, Fleet & Facilities)
· Coordinate vehicle and trailer fleet use and routine maintenance.
· Coordinate routine facility maintenance contractors and service providers.
· Track and coordinate facilities, Insurance, operating permits, leases, etc.
· Coordinate & track sustainability programs and initiatives.
· Monitor and facilitate service request tracking.
· Coordinate volunteer site-based work groups.
· Will maintain a primary workspace at our Prospect Lake site and act as first point of contact
· Help keep an organized and efficient work environment including some cleaning procedures.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT The Facilities & Assets Coordinator will:
· Be the go-to organizational Microsoft 365 Suite expert with focus on SharePoint.
· Support staff training on effectively using organizational systems, processes, and tools.
· Assist and coordinate routine computer updates, computer & outlook setups.
· Be the primary contact with external IT contractors and service providers.
PEOPLE The Facilities & Assets Coordinator will:
· Contribute to a positive and dynamic working culture.
· Adhere to all Power To Be policies and guidelines, and applicable legislation as they relate to staff and volunteer practices.
· Support organizational policy and procedure implementation.
· Support Occupational Health and Safety program, policies and procedures.
PROGRAMS – The Facilities & Assets Coordinator will:
· Observe or support a Power To Be program once a quarter.
DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS– The Facilities & Assets Coordinator will:
· Support community and fundraising events as directed.
· Maintain brand standards when communicating with stakeholders.
· Assist with volunteer recognition and internal engagement.
OTHER – The Facilities & Assets Coordinator will:
· Adhere to all Power To Be policies and procedures with direct consideration for privacy protection.
· Perform other related duties, as required.
Particular Working Conditions In consideration of the mission we serve, it is preferred that the Facilities & Assets Coordinator will enjoy an active lifestyle. Working outside in inclement weather may be required at times.
Requirements The successful candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word and Outlook and must have be comfortable with office software packages, database use, and Internet search tools. They must have experience with coordinating in dynamic working environments and have strong organization and communication skills. A primary working environment of this role requires you to own and operate your own vehicle due to the location of the site. Previous experience with facilities maintenance or construction would be an asset, as well as technology experience, including Microsoft Certifications and experience with SharePoint. Additionally, experience working in a non-profit or outdoor recreation is considered an asset.
As per the Ministry of Justice requirements, job offers are contingent on submitting to a criminal record check.
Terms of Employment
Location: Victoria (Temporarily remote during COVID, site based after)
Position: Facilities & Assets Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Facilities and Assets
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week
Compensation: commensurate based on experience plus a comprehensive benefits package
including professional development and RRSP matching
Review of applications will begin immediately and interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their full applications including a cover letter. This posting will remain open until filled.
While we appreciate the time, it takes to submit an application, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.