People & Operations Intern
HR/OPSFull TimeToronto, ON
People & Operations Intern
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a high EQ People & Operations intern to join our team to support the execution of recruitment and selection, employee engagement initiatives, social responsibility outreach, learning and development programs, as well as identifying unique opportunities to enhance PostBeyond’s Brand reputation in the market. Working with the VP of People & Operations and others, the candidate will help identify, attract, and select rock-star candidates, further enhance team dynamics, compare compensation structures, organize expenses and show meticulous attention to detail when preparing reports and projects.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with the People & Operations team on onboarding and employee development
- Develop onboarding collateral, training materials and a content library for the new hires
- Assist in the implementation of learning campaigns by developing engaging content for employees
- Analyze program performance to gain insights and identify opportunities to enhance results
- Help build momentum for Recognition BINGO by broadcasting wins that lead to BINGO draws; Perform BINGO draws and distribute winnings to team members
- Collect daily wins for the Recognition BINGO report
- Update employee profiles and create form templates within the HRIS system
- Determine applicant requirements by studying job descriptions and job qualifications to assist in screening efforts
- Attract applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, and job sites.
- Utilize scorecards to sufficiently track key attributes of candidates during interviews
- Determine applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements and scorecards
- Monitor compensation practices in the market, with emphasis on updating benefits and perks in order to attract the best talent for the job
- Coordinate orientations for new hires following the “Infuse” On-Boarding plan
- OnBoarding Playbooks: support our new hires by documenting internal processes and playbooks. Leverage tools such as PandaDoc & Hubspot to create onboarding material, templates, guidelines and training materials.
- Growth Program Ambassador: work with our VP of People & Operations to manage our internal growth programs, develop an interactive digital experience, creative content and templates. Experimenting with strategies to build PostBeyond’s employer brand
- Intern Collaboration: work with other interns to dig into data, playing your role in creating training assets with the relevant findings
- 2nd - 4th year University, business or social science related program preferred.
- Strong ability to learn new technology and ramp up quickly.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity in learning about more our business, employees and the data that drives us forward
Our company culture is one of balance and communication. Everyone benefits from shared
experiences and information. We firmly believe that you can never underestimate the worth of
a good colleague. With open seating, Slack to chat and a collaborative approach, there’s no
room for big egos here. We move forward together as a team!