Senior Engineer (Remote)
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
Come work at PolicyMe, and help us disrupt the insurance world! As a senior engineer, you will help build exciting features, services, and infrastructure tools needed to propel PolicyMe's growth. We are a small and ambitious team that uses cutting edge technology to create a world-class experience for our users. This role is ideal for developers who feel confident in their technical ability and are looking to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Tackle tough design and product problems
- Take ownership and deliver products from end-to-end (ideation, testing, rollout, monitoring)
- Develop disaster recovery mechanisms to help prevent data loss
- Provide technical guidance and leadership across various domains
- Build tools to improve security, automation, and the developer experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency in a backend server language (Python is a plus)
- Experience working in UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience in AWS (S3, SQS, EC2, CloudWatch, RDS, Glacier, ...)
- Expertise in relational databases and schema design
- Experience with best practices across security, web, system architecture, etc.
- A proactive approach to spotting areas for improvement, performance bottlenecks, etc.
- Ability to profile and debug applications in real-time
- Experience with developing accessible web applications and web pages
This role is fully remote, although the team is based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada