BusinessFull TimeToronto, ON
Following the successful launch of our new Term Life Insurance product and on the back of 700% year-over-year growth, PolicyMe is looking to add an energetic Product Manager to our team. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will take ownership of our Term Life Insurance product’s digital experience and define what features we should build to improve the customer journey. As a Product Manager at PolicyMe, you’ll gain hands-on expertise managing our roadmap and defining the future of the Canadian life insurance industry.
While this role is currently 100% remote, we have a preference for candidates in the GTA area as we may be hosting company-wide events in the city.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Become an expert about our customers: You will develop a deep understanding of our customers by talking to them regularly, analyzing our performance data, setting up mechanisms for collecting feedback throughout our flow and defining customer personas.
- Define the vision and roadmap for our product: You will articulate the strategic goals for our product and define the roadmap for how we get there. You will communicate progress against the roadmap and goals to all key stakeholders (e.g. Customer Success, Engineering, Growth).
- Develop the backlog : You will ideate with stakeholders across PolicyMe and then manage a backlog of new builds to meet our customers' needs, improve our back-end integrity, innovate and ultimately reach the defined vision.
- Prioritize what to work on: You will have to decide what our engineers invest time on and in what order. By developing and executing a disciplined process, you will prioritize new features, product optimizations, bugs and maintenance activities.
- Define what each feature looks like: By collaborating with designers for wireframes, engineers for technical details and customer success members for customer insights, you will write the detailed specifications for what needs to be done in order to build and launch new features. You will identify which aspects of a build are part of the MVP and which can come in future iterations.
- Rally the team to build it: You will serve as the center-point across all functions for ensuring the new build is completed on-time and to spec.
- Coordinate the launch: You will work with the product team to ensure that the new release has been thoroughly tested and ready to launch.
- Measure and learn: You will measure the key metrics for our product and report out to the broader organization. You will run agile A/B tests to gather live feedback and iterate to optimize our experience for customers.
What we would like you to have:
- Exceptional collaboration skills: You have high emotional intelligence and can "be the glue" between many different stakeholders in the organization.
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems: You have the ability to take an ambiguous problem and structure it. You are someone who can start with an idea and manage it from concept to deployment.
- Strong communication: You know how to tailor your communication style to meet different audiences. You know when to lead conversations, but also when to listen. You know how to set expectations with different stakeholders and when to ask these stakeholders for help. You can take a complex topic and explain it succinctly in an easy-to-understand manner.
- A strong sense for prioritization: You know how to prioritize different builds and define what is truly part of an MVP to optimize developer productivity. You know how to balance agile market feedback with our customers' product expectations.
- Curiosity and comfort with technical topics: While you do not need a technical background, you are naturally curious about how everything works. You know when to ask clarifying questions and are not shy about diving into complex topics.
- An analytical mindset: You are comfortable working with data, defining its structure and running analyses to answer key questions.
- Relevant product experience: You have 2+ years of experience in product management, product marketing and/or strategy experience, preferably in a consumer technology setting. You can speak to your track record of leading projects and delivering measurable results.
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Access to annual Health Spending Account
- Bi-weekly virtual social events
- Four weeks vacation and personal days (on top of Canadian statutory holidays)
- Professional development fund
- Laptop and work from home supplies
At PolicyMe, we are building an environment where our employees feel included and heard. Diversity and inclusion are important to us and we strongly encourage applications from minorities, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.