Content Marketing Intern
Marketing & SalesInternMontreal, QC
Who we are:
PlanetRate Inc. (https://planetrate.com) is a new start-up based on a revolutionary and transformative platform for ratings and reviews. It allows people to provide feedback on specific topics and helps businesses to understand their customers. The platform is currently translated in French, English and Romanian languages and is a portal to more than 2.7 million cities in over 250 countries.
PlanetRate is currently looking to add a talented Content Writer to work closely with our marketing team, keeping the brand and the tone consistent and aligned. You will be called upon to contribute to various types of pieces, from blog articles, website contents, white papers and any other special project in between.
This is a non-paying internship initially with the expectation that it will evolve into a full time, paying position with a generous equity award component (which will be very valuable, eventually as we see this company being very successful either as a standalone or a valuable acquisition target by a large company, more established company in one of the several markets this platform will aggressively compete and grab significant market share from). Our philosophy is that we are all motivated more if we enjoy what we do — which is why hours are flexible and may involve working remotely during the internship — and personally share in the company’s success.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to get in at the ground floor and join a fast-growing startup. If this sounds challenging, exciting and fun, we want to talk to you.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in writing combined with an ability to quickly grasp concepts
- An insatiable sense of curiosity is a must
- Creative, resourceful and open minded
- Passion to succeed
- Knowledge of the gyms and health & fitness products landscape is a plus
- Create, edit, package and integrate content, including blog posts, infographics, whitepapers, 1-pagers, press releases, social media posts, marketing emails, customer newsletters, eBooks, webinars and more
- The content you will develop will be focused on gyms and health & fitness products
- Apply a basic understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to optimize content (eg. landing pages, website content, and blog articles)
- Maintain the company content strategy and manage the overall plan for content creation to drive traffic, generate leads, and establish thought leadership
- Supporting the business development team in communications-related projects
- Stay current on content development from competitors and other industry participants as a source of input to our plans
- Graduate or attending a program (university or college) in an appropriate discipline (public relations, journalism, communication, marketing or another relevant field)
- Superior writing and communications abilities in English and French
- Proficiency with various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Ability to work in an environment where meetings are normally held in English
- Highly motivated self-starter who can multitask, prioritize, and respond to changing work activities on tight deadlines
- A proven passion for storytelling
- Autonomy and a high sense of organization
- Professionalism and the confidence to collaborate with senior management
- Experience in Wordpress, SEO and/or graphic design is a plus.