Chief Marketing Officer
Marketing & SalesFull TimeMontreal, QC
Who we are:
PlanetRate Inc . (https://planetrate.com) is a new start-up based on a revolutionary and transformative platform for ratings and reviews. It allows people to provide feedback on specific topics and helps businesses to understand their customers. The platform is currently translated in French, English and Romanian languages and is a portal to more than 2.7 million cities and over 250 countries.
We are expanding our leadership team with the addition of a talented Chief Marketing Officer. Reporting to the CEO, the ideal candidate will be an experienced and entrepreneurial marketing leader with a proven track record driving and accelerating revenue growth through customer acquisition, engagement and retention. This high influence, high impact role will have the responsibility of integrating into our Agile environment and leading all marketing efforts across PlanetRate.com.
The Chief Marketing Officer will be analytical, data-driven, creative, and collaborative. They will be relentless about understanding and meeting the needs of customers. Their role is both strategic and operational with several key initiatives happening simultaneously and moving at a fast pace. We need someone who has the capability and willingness to roll up their sleeves, as well as provide vision.
A strong desire to contribute immediately as well as build future capability is essential.
This is a position that is not initially paid with a salary but with a generous equity award component (which will be very valuable, eventually as we see this company being very successful either as a standalone or a valuable acquisition target by a large company, more established company in one of the several markets this platform will aggressively compete and grab significant market share from). Our philosophy is that we are all motivated more if we enjoy what we do — which is why hours are flexible and may involve working remotely — and personally share in the company’s success.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to get in at the ground floor and join a fast-growing startup. If this sounds challenging, exciting and fun, we want to talk to you.
Ideal Candidate / Job Specifics:
- Report directly to the CEO
- Oversee and execute strategy on company marketing initiatives that contribute to our high growth goals, including demand generation, customer acquisition, marketing operations, content, events, social media, PR, branding, and more.
- Collaborate with leadership team and key stakeholders across the organization to define priority marketing strategies and align them with product roadmap, sales initiatives, and the overall growth strategy of the business.
- Represent PlanetRate at industry conferences, trade shows and other events.
- Understand what drives market interest and market dynamics and translate these into actionable strategy and tactics.
- Develop, test, and scale high ROI digital marketing campaigns across email, SEO, SEM, and social.
- Manage and report on marketing metrics (Google Analytics, Brand Awareness, Email response rate, Lead conversion etc.).
- Drive conversion of prospective consumers to active customers through funnel optimization including creative, segmentation/targeting, and landing pages.
- Oversee the company’s brand strategy.
- Exercise a data-centric approach to gather customer/user insights and use data to improve future marketing campaigns and results.
- Implement a product marketing team to ensure alignment on all new product feature announcements, launches, and sales/marketing collateral.
- Attract, retain, and develop talent. Establish expectations and create an environment which supports and enables high-performance by both teams and individuals.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a fast growing, consumer-focused business required.
- Technology background strongly preferred.
- Experience working in an Agile environment strongly preferred.
- Digital marketing experience required including expertise in analytics, A/B and multivariate testing, LTV modeling, etc
- Experience driving growth with innovative prospecting and demand generation campaigns at scale from first impression through landing page required.
- Experience identifying target audiences, working with customer segmentation and personalization, and creating campaign strategies required.
- Experience with branding strategies and marcom preferred.
- Experience leading a team.
- Demonstrated experience in growing new businesses as well as developing effective and efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects.
- Energetic and passionate
- Highly analytical and data-driven
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead and inspire teams and individuals
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced working environment
Why work for PlanetRate?
- Help consumers make informative decisions before any purchase
- Enjoy a fun, casual and collaborative working environment
- Help guide company decisions and direction
- See results of your work in days, not years
- Work with other talented and passionate team members