Full Stack Programmer (React & Node / Typescript) (Junior) | Remote
PivoHub is all about people, culture, community and most of all, PivoHub is there to help people discover the stories and passion that it takes to create these wonderful products.
We live to collaborate with enthusiasts, promote people and equip entrepreneurs. We are a diverse group united by our shared curiosity and thirst for impact. While our curiosity pushes us to continuously broaden our palate, skills, and worldviews, it's our thirst for impact that drives us forward.
PivoHub is an e-commerce business that brings the brewing industry together in an online marketplace to increase access to craft drinks.
Since its public launch in January 2019, PivoHub has taken the Quebec beer market by storm. Every month, more than $4 million worth of specialty beverages are ordered on our platform.
Our wonderful technical team continually offers new features that address industry issues. By taking charge of new developments, in close collaboration with Seb, the CTO who will challenge you to take your skills to the next level, you will have the precious role of extending the added value of our platform. You will help create new opportunities and simplify sales efforts in order to promote an industry that cares about its art and its people.
You like to discover new drinks: craft beer, wine, cider and kombucha.
Your contagious smile, your intellectual curiosity and your synthetic thinking make you a trustworthy person capable of collaborating with a team and taking initiatives in a high-tech company. With your creativity, your autonomy, your rigor and your enthusiasm, you like to give meaning to your actions in order to have a positive societal impact.
We can't wait to discover your story and learn from your experience. Let’s get to know each other so you can understand if PivoHub is the right fit for you to accomplish your next challenge.
Come as you are
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. PivoHub is a place where everyone has the potential to grow. So whoever you are and whatever background you bring with you, please apply. Come join us and help us build a global company where we're all proud to be a part of.
Here's a little more information for the curious mind.
PivoHub is a web application allowing retailers (bars, restaurants, convenience stores) to order craft drinks through a simple and intuitive marketplace. Our platform facilitates networking and communication between industry players, and in particular simplifies the management of inventory, orders, or delivery from one end of the order chain to the other.
The choice to put the emphasis on getting started with the interface, and to place the user experience above all else, makes PivoHub a platform acclaimed by its users.
Work Remote. Some of the best work we did was on trains, planes, and automobiles. By working with us, you get the freedom of working at the location of your choice. In order to support a local economy, we will prioritize applications from candidates living in Quebec.
Stimulating Environment. To work at PivoHub means you’ll expand your palate, meet passionates, and discover new innovative craft products. Take part in our virtual tastings with your curated craft beverage box and visits of breweries, roasters and specialized retailers to understand where the industry is headed and why we work so hard to help it thrive.
Hone your Skills. Have you met Seb? Remember the T-800s. Like the terminators, the Sebinator travels back and forth from the future with rare knowledge and expertise. Lucky for you, that means you’ll discover innovative ways to build quality code and highly scalable web applications. Alongside PivoHub, work on an open-source project - Sérafin - that changes the way web applications are developed.
Competitive Compensation. Salary begins at $60,000 depending on your experience.
- Carry out development activities while respecting business requirements, development standards and architectural guidelines;
- Improve user experience and optimize user interfaces
- Contribute to the evolution of the platform to better meet the challenges of security, performance, stability and scalability;
- Automate repetitive tasks and propose adapted technical solutions;
- Make the best use of all the communication and feedback capabilities of our agile planning tool;
- Contribute to the community of developers (knowledge sharing, support, documentation, working environment and collaborative space);
- Be able to self-motivate and work remotely effectively.
- You have experience in the field of application development and integration - DEC, Bachelor's degree (or the equivalent in computer science specializing in Web Development / Integration or in a related field) or significant work experience.
- Optionally, you have knowledge of: NodeJS, Typescript, MongoDB, Material-UI, Git, Docker, REST APIs, Web Apps, AWS
- Optionally, you participated in the estimation of tasks and the drafting of technical specifications
- Optionally, you had the opportunity to work on projects in agile mode
- Optionally, you have worked on projects implementing a continuous integration / deployment flow