Senior Technical Animator
ArtFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE:
To design, create and maintain highly versatile character rigs for games. The Technical Animator will work with modelers and animators to help bring characters to life while expanding a pipeline between authoring tools and the game engine.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Rigging and skin deformations (full body/facial)
- Maintenance of character animation pipeline and tools
- Design interface to help automate character posing and transferring of animations between different software
- Collaborate with animators, art and engineering to come up with solutions to character specific features
- Estimating tasks and meeting delivery deadlines under production constraints
- Debugging animation technical issues
- 7+ years’ experience in animation and technical animation in a game development environment
- Strong understanding of Maya
- Thorough understanding of Python or Mel
- Motivated and self-driven, and comfortable working on a team
- Desire and ability to support content creators
- Understanding Unreal engine, blueprints, motion trees and setting up gameplay logic
- Building procedural facial animation tools for Unreal
- Familiarity with MotionBuilder/building tools integrating Maya and MotionBuilder
- Experience with body motion capture: rig hookups, offset rigs, re-targeting etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Setting up of dynamic joints, cloth and ragdolls within Unreal
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.