UI/UX Designer II – Motion Graphics
DesignFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
The person in this role will help create and deliver game user interfaces with seamless user experiences for our players. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of current game visual design practices and user centered design methodologies as well as experience applying them in designing for console, PC or mobile games.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Design and create high fidelity user interface elements - layout, composition, iconography and typography that meet the games visual brand identity.
- Create animated UI visuals that adheres with the art direction and gameplay intentions.
- Define user experiences for features through user flows, wireframes and prototypes that deliver an identical experience on multiple platforms.
- Ensure that the user interface is optimized for various screen sizes and can be accessible for players with different abilities.
- Report to the Principal UI/UX Specialist and work closely with Game Designers, Artists and Engineers as a bridge to help bring the game UI to life.
- Have a solid knowledge of how current PC/Console games function.
- 3+ experience in designing user interfaces and user experiences for games (Console, PC or mobile)
- Extensive knowledge in industry-standard design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, XD and Illustrator.
- Have motion graphics skills set and familiar with working in Unreal
- Understanding of different gaming platform limitations and requirements.
- Can collaborate and can work well in a team-based dynamic, cross-discipline setting.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge and experience working in Unreal 4&5.
- Some knowledge in scripting languages.
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.