Principal 3D Environment Artist
ArtFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Oversees select 3D Environment Artists; assigns personnel to projects, directs their activities, and evaluates their work and performance.
- Participates in the recruitment of department staff and provides input into hiring decisions.
- Ensures that work meets quality standards and is in line with the overall artistic direction.
- Understands the project and its technical challenges, ensuring they are respected throughout the development process.
- Models and UVs realistic 3D game models and hard-surface & organic environmental art, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between departments, working closely with artists and designers to create and implement game assets
- Works within time and polygonal budgets provided by the Technical Artist and Project Manager
- Is proficient in creating assets that fit within the art style, with finished, rough or no concept art.
- Anticipates and recognizes potential conflicts or production issues, communicates technical and artistic constraints, and recommend solutions.
- Reviews all visual elements of the game and ensures they meet the quality standards and artistic vision of the game.
- Motivates and contributes to the development of team members and acts as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects.
- Creates a transparent work environment by maintaining effective communication with the team and ensuring that team members remain aligned with the project objectives.
- 8+ years of experience in a similar capacity with at least three AAA credited titles for PC and Console
- Experience managing a wide range of personnel issues including career development and conflict resolution, and a demonstrated ability to lead and mentor direct reports on the team.
- Familiar with managing workflow, contributing to performance reviews and coaching.
- Well versed with Unreal Engine 4
- Advanced experience in 3D hard surface, mechanical & architectural modelling with Autodesk 3dsMax, preferably for video games.
- Strong knowledge of UV creation and layout
- Moderate knowledge of texture and materials
- Strong sense of surface development, proportion, architectural and mechanical functionality
- Knowledge of normal mapping and displacement creation
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbally and written
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.