Technical Artist II
ArtFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Under the guidance of Principal Technical Artist, provide technical support and solutions to the Art team by developing innovative tools, techniques, and processes.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to address challenges presented during the various stages of development
- Committed to continuous learning and personal development, as new technology and software is introduced to the industry
- Refined Pipelines and Workflows
- Streamline systems, tools and pipelines to ensure production remains smooth and efficient
- Optimize content to work effectively within memory, hardware and platform constraints
- Tackle various areas of discipline including Shading, Optimization, Rendering, Animation Systems, Scripting, Tools Development, and Pipeline Development
- Communicate effectively with your team to outline obstacles, risks, and opportunities that present themselves to ensure continuous forward movement
- Ensure the Technical Specifications are adhered to by the Art Team through clear Communication and Documentation
- 3+ years of experience in game development serving in a Technical Artist role with at least 2 shipped titles on consoles and/or PC
- Thorough understanding of the principles of Art Production including Modelling, Sculpting, Texturing, right through to Engine Integration, Shading, and LoD’s
- Moderate understanding of Optimization, Rendering, Animation, Rigging, Scripting, and Unreal 4&5
- Knowledge of Tools Development, Blueprints, Houdini, Niagara, and Lighting are a bonus but not mandatory
- Demonstrate dedication, adaptability and accountability in your work
- Problem solving, rapid prototyping, and an iterative mindset is essential
- Understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development
- Ability to work cleanly and clearly without over-complexity or unmaintainable implementations
- Knowledgeable of game production methodologies
- Be open to skill development, knowledge sharing, and career development
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.