Senior Lighting Artist
ArtFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE:
Under the guidance of Art Director, light the various exterior and interior environments; create, maintain and optimize post process effects.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Work with the Art Director and Technical Artists to develop and document a variety of lighting schemes, all fitting within the art style
- Work with the texturing team to ensure materials are cohesive and work across all lighting schemes
- Work with the design team to ensure lighting enhances gameplay and storytelling
- Understand advantages and limitations of the technology, and develop strategies for maximizing performance
- Optimize lighting schemes to meet performance specifications
- Develop documentation and tutorials for technical process
- Actively seek out and provide feedback within the lighting scope
- Resolve lighting bugs
- Keep up with the latest industry trends by investigating new techniques
- Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested
- 5 years+ experience in game development, with at least 2 shipped AAA titles on consoles and/or PC
- 3 years+ in a Lighting Artist role
- Significant experience with Unreal 4 for game production
- Comprehensive understanding of materials and PBR lighting for games
- Understanding of how baked lighting works and address differences between static & dynamic lighting
- Strong understanding of how to set up a & use colour temperature
- Understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development
- Understanding of game production methodologies
- A solid grasp of traditional and digital art styles and techniques
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.