Senior VFX Artist
ArtFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE:
Under the guidance of Art Director, create, maintain and optimize particle and post process effects.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Create in-engine visual effects, supported by a variety of content tools and source assets
- Work with the design team to ensure visual effects enhance the gameplay experience
- Work with the Art Director, Technical, and Environment Artists to build an effects library that fits the art style
- Understand advantages and limitations of the technology, and develop strategies for maximizing performance
- Optimize visual effects to meet performance specifications
- Actively seek out and provide feedback within the VFX scope
- Resolve VFX bugs
- Keep up with the latest industry trends by investigating new techniques
- Be a positive and creative force in the team
- Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned
- 5 years+ experience in game development and a minimum of 2 shipped AAA titles on consoles and/or PC
- Unreal Engine’s Niagara VFX system
- Experience in a VFX Artist role
- Significant experience with Unreal 4 for game production
- Comprehensive understanding of materials and visual effects for games
- Understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development
- Understanding of game production methodologies
- UE 5
- JangaFX EmberGen
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.