Senior Software Engineer - Features, Gameplay
EngineeringFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Implement, prototype, debug, and refine gameplay features, mechanics and tools
- Create systems and features in gameplay related disciplines
- Attention to product quality, scalability, performance, and security
- Evaluate effectiveness of designer and artist workflows and make game system or tool improvements accordingly
- Profile and make appropriate game system optimizations for speed, memory, or bandwidth
- Provide ongoing support, improvement, and debugging for existing features
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Artists to integrate their creative ideas into the game
- Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks, obstacles and deficiencies and generate solutions. Participate in design reviews to provide relevant engineering feedback
- Work with multiple disciplines in order to architect solutions to problems in order to achieve design goals and/or address technical debt
- Establish processes to improve feature delivery, product deployment, etc.
- Additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of game programming experience, preferably in the video game industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven
- Ability to multitask on multiple goals/objectives
- Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Have shipped one AAA title
- High proficiency in C/C++
- Very strong understanding of multithreading and multithreaded design patterns
- CPU/Memory profiling and optimization
- Strong code analysis skills
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience working with Unreal 4
- Experience working within Agile Game Development methodologies
- A passion for games!
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.