Technical Designer II
DesignFull TimeGreater Vancouver, BC
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Reporting to the Game Design Manager, the Technical Designer II, directly supports Senior Designers with the design and implementation of key gameplay mechanics by creating Blueprint scripts and helps define best practices/process flows. Technical analysis of gameplay mechanics and feature designs plays a key part of the Technical Designer’s day-to-day activity.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules & Remote Working Arrangements
- People-focused Events & Initiatives
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- 2 - 4 years of practical experience on a game team/project
- Extensive knowledge of Blueprints in the Unreal Engine
- Strong technical knowledge related to scripting/Blueprints/Gameplay technical implementation
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Collaborative work ethics
- Programming background (C++,Python)
- Technical art/pipeline knowledge
- Gameplay balance and tuning
- Shipped title on Console/PC
- Modding experience
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.