Senior 3D Character Artist
ArtFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
To use your creativity and understanding of character design to bring appeal, expression, and personality to our human (or not so human) characters. Your role is to drive the creation of compelling new characters. You will bring your experience to bear, pushing us to higher quality levels, and improving Piranha’s existing character development pipeline.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
· Flexible Schedules
· Social Events
· Comprehensive Benefits
· Competitive Compensation
• Work with the Tech Art director and Art Director to drive the continuous improvement of character development technique, process, and pipelines.
• Create 3D Character models including humans, animals and creatures in accordance with artistic direction, production deadlines and technical specifications.
• Model, UV and integrate high & low polygon meshes in a PBR pipeline.
• Work closely with other Artists, Designers and Animators to create and implement the assets into the game.
• Work within time and polygonal budgets provided by the Art Director and Project Manager.
• Be able to create assets with finished, rough or no concept art that fits within the style.
• Participate as a proactive team member to further team and project goals.
• 5+ years’ experience in 3D character modelling using Autodesk 3dsMax and ZBrush for video games or film.
• Strong knowledge of UV creation, manipulation and layout.
• Moderate knowledge of texture and materials.
• Strong sense of proportion, anatomical structure, organic movement, form and silhouette.
• Expert knowledge of shaders, PBR, normal mapping and displacement creation.
• Excellent in rigging and weighting.
• Experience with character clothing creation.
• Proficient in high & low resolution modeling and texturing skills.
• Highly motivated, self-driven problem solver with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in character animation
• Knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Knowledge of Substance Painter
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.