UI/UX Designer II
DesignFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Conceptualizing, designing, creating and maintaining 2D/3D visual designs for game user interfaces. Executing Interaction Design and some Visual Design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team. Must be a UI champion and diplomat, connecting franchise UI vision with team’s direction and help to build a culture for UI.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Conceptualize, design, create and maintain 2D/3D visual designs for game user interfaces in Unreal Engine 4
- Interpret existing style guides, and execute visual design work while adding appropriate visual ideas
- Ensure user interface is usable, aesthetically pleasing, efficient, and where necessary, falls in line with the given IP
- Work with UI Engineers to ensure correct implementation of designs
- Involved in building UI screens and components as required
- Attend software reviews and supports production and marketing as subject matter expert and user advocate for their product areas
- Produce detailed wireframes including locked designs, consistent interactions, optimal user flows and final copy
- Responsible for UI consistency and ensuring that Process is adhered to
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the target audience, personas and the motivations that lead to deeper consumer engagement
- Collaborate with Interface Designers to translate architecture into the look-and-feel of UI and own UI Style Guide
- Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful--thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions.
- Simplifier that can also get the bigger picture, takes smart risks, is innovative, a visionary and can think outside the box
- Prepare assets for production and working closely with engineers throughout implementation
- 2-4 years of UI design experience in a production environment, preferably in the gaming industry
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and UMG
- Expert abilities in Photoshop, Illustrator with motion graphics and wireframing
- Strong typography, colour, iconography and layout skills
- Hands-on experience on at least 1-2 different products (apps, video games, social or location based services) and at least one product with significant online functionality
- Experience with wireframe prototyping, as well as creating high-fidelity mock-ups
- Experience with multiple prototyping, presentation, and documentation methods
- Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively in a small team environment
- Effective at problem solving skills, group brainstorming and iterative design
- Expert attention to detail and knows what it takes to improve engagement and retention
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psych, or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of game production pipelines
- Knowledge and appreciation of a wide variety of game genres and art styles in both PC and Console development environments.
- Interests and desire to contribute to gameplay and game design
- Illustration skills or experience managing 3rd party illustrators
- Worked in collaborative, cross-functional environments
- Project management experience
- Understanding of today’s front-end technologies
- Traditional art skills
- Marketing experience
- Web design experience
- Previous experience with the development and shipment of AAA titles
- Familiarity with casual games on iOS and Android platforms
- Relevant education in related discipline or technical equivalent
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.