Junior IT Administrator
AdminFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Assist IT Manager in the maintenance of the company’s computer infrastructure, including, but not limited to: networks, servers and security programs and systems.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Act as a front line responder to Service Requests in the IT Service Desk; review and triage new tickets, escalating to the IT Manager as required
- Work with the IT Manager to review and deploy Windows, desktop application and Linux Server updates, as needed
- Create checklists, runbooks, and Knowledge Base articles to help document common issues and resolutions
- Work with the IT Manager to maintain the equipment lifecycle; peparing equipment for users, reviewing and updating inventory lists in the IT Asset Manager, and assisting in the review of returned equipment to prepare it for reuse
- Support the IT Manager with higher level system administration tasks, as needed
- Degree or diploma in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Able to provide basic desktop and web application troubleshooting relating to OS environment and network issues
- Experience with multiple hardware platforms
- Excellent written English skills
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.