Software Developer II – C++
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Responsible for developing, programming, and implementing core gameplay features and mechanics.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Implement, prototype, debug, and refine gameplay features, mechanics and tools
- Create systems and features in gameplay related disciplines
- Attention to product quality, scalability, and performance
- Provide ongoing support, improvement, and debugging for existing features
- Collaborate with Game Designers and Artists to integrate their creative ideas into the game
- Anticipate, identify and articulate technical and developmental risks and obstacles, and generate solutions
- Profile and make appropriate game system optimizations for speed, memory, or bandwidth
- 2 to 5 years of game programming experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or a combination of technical training and/or relevant experience
- Have shipped one AAA title
- Ability to write clear, maintainable and optimized code
- Demonstrated extensive proficiency in and knowledge of object-oriented programming in C++
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated; Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with development of client server multiplayer game
- Experience developing gameplay and AI systems
- A passion for games!
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.