Project Manager II
ProductionFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE:
Support the Production Manager and Producer to ensure the successful delivery of our product(s) on time and within budget
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Support the Production Manager in developing roadmaps and project planning; validating forecasts based on historical metrics, raising awareness when necessary and making recommendations on how to correct plans to match project time and resources
- Create, track and update information to provide “real-time” visibility to both the Development Team and Management
- Act as scrum master within assigned teams; facilitating daily stand-up meetings, ensuring work is structured and described correctly in planning tools, identifying team impediments and working with stakeholders to resolve them, communicating risks to all stakeholders and developing mitigation plans
- Work directly with backlog owners to ensure backlogs are prioritized and estimated
- Facilitate retrospectives with teams to gather data and problem solve
- Work in conjunction with the Production Manager to drive the continuous improvement of team process and implement recommended changes
- Ensure all generated planning is reviewed by stakeholders
- Cultivate positive habits with team members that improve communication and ownership
- In conjunction with the Test Lead develop testing plans that meet the needs of the development team; triaging issues and ensuring bugs are prioritized appropriately
- Coordinate and schedule co-development activities with 3rd party services and partner companies in areas such as testing, localization, audio, feature support, and asset development
- Other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of 2 years’ project management experience in video game, film, or related industries
- Experience in managing production team through Agile Project Management method is an absolute asset
- Must be able to work effectively with employees and management at all levels
- Proven ability to create, track and maintain comprehensive project schedules and budgets
- Ability to perform under pressure and work as part of a team as well as independently
- PMP Certification is an asset
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.