Junior Game Designer
DesignFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Designs systems/aspects of the game and in-game gameplay
- Catalogues game assets for asset management and updates
- Works closely with senior members within the Design team to implement, tune, and maintain gameplay experience
- Collaborates with Senior Designers and the Engineering Team to refine design mechanics and implementation
- Liaises with the Art Team to integrate features and design mechanics into the game
- Analyzes game data to continuously improve user gaming experience
- Maintains detailed game design documentation
- May take ownership of smaller sections of the game defined by the Lead and Senior designers
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-year college diploma or technical training, specializing in Game Design and Development
- High attention to detail when playing/testing/analyzing the assigned project
- Passion for creating a fun and compelling user experience - dedicated to bringing innovation to users
- High attention to detail when playing through with the ability to break down complex problems into detailed solutions
- Ability to collaborate with others and work within a team-oriented environment
- Experience designing on-line multiplayer games
- High level of documentation skills including written and visual elements
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.