Sound Designer II
ProductionFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTING AND PURPOSE:
To enhance the entertainment experience and help bring the games to life though immersive and effective sound design
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
· Flexible Schedules
· Social Events
· Comprehensive Benefits
· Competitive Compensation
· Create exciting sound effects and soundscapes for in-game and cinematic sequences
· Source, create and edit sound effect
· Implementation of sound effects into Wwise.
· Utilizing Wwise to create immersive soundscapes
· Experiment with new sound techniques and practices in effort to increase audio quality
· Assist with documentation of audio process and workflows
· Work with and communicate proactively with other members of the team to achieve desired goals and milestones of project
· Proactively seek out audio bugs in the game throughout the production cycle
· Manage a large database of audio assets
· Assist with other ad-hoc projects as assigned
· A minimum of 3 years of experience in a role in a similar capacity
· Experience with mixing stereo and surround sound formats
· Experience with tools necessary for sound effect creation and editing.
· Familiarity with Wwise and other middleware tools.
· Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
· Bachelor’s degree or technical training in Sound and Technology or related field preferred
· Experience working within Agile Game Development methodologies
· Experience with Unreal
Why work for us?
At Piranha Games, you are not just an individual — you are part of the family. Our team is a key component to our success and there is a genuine sense of support, collaboration and respect toward each other. We are proud of who we are and of our products.
We like to show you we care! Our benefits package includes 100% company paid Extended Health and Dental coverage, Transit Passes or Parking, Training Reimbursement, a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, social events, Game Hour and our favorite: Beer Fridays! And that’s not all…
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.