Quality Assurance Tester
Quality AssuranceFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Test video games for functionality and usability including tuning, debugging and suggesting detailed refinements that lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
· Flexible Schedules
· Social Events
· Comprehensive Benefits
· Competitive Compensation
· Execute assigned testing and test plan tasks in a timely and efficient manner
· Assist development team in branch testing, bug fixing and patch testing
· Identify in-game bugs to be rectified by the development team
· Report bugs into database using precise and detailed descriptions and the required steps to reproduce the bugs
· Test for regression of bugs
· Perform targeted and exploratory testing
· Use a proactive, problem-solving approach to diagnose problems and to propose solutions to improve efficiency of testing cycles
· Maintain test lab area to ensure computers are set up properly with required equipment and required software
· Become an active participant in shaping the success of the team
· Additional tasks may be assigned as needed
· 2-4 years’ prior testing experience in the gaming industry
· Extensive experience in playing video games, either console or PC online titles
· Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
· Enthusiasm and knowledge of video games and a love for breaking games and fixing bugs
· Capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
· Flexible with schedule and willingness to work overtime as required
· Experience with JIRA and DevTrack
· Experience with current F2P titles
· Knowledge of computer networking
· Ability to troubleshoot PC/Console Hardware/Software
· Experience with scripting languages for automation such as Python and Jscript
Why work for us?
At Piranha Games, you are not just an individual — you are part of the family. Our team is a key component to our success and there is a genuine sense of support, collaboration and respect toward each other. We are proud of who we are and of our products.
We like to show you we care! Our benefits package includes 100% company paid Extended Health and Dental coverage, Transit Passes or Parking, Training Reimbursement, a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, social events, Game Hour and our favorite: Beer Fridays! And that’s not all…
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.