Technical Artist II
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Under the guidance of Principal Technical Artist, provide technical support to the art team by developing innovative tools, techniques, and processes.
- Work closely with Tech Art and Engineering in developing innovative solutions and incorporating new technology while keeping the visual quality intact from technical constraints
- Help identify and define workflows, streamline processes and develop tools
- Understand advantages and limitations of technology, and develop strategies for maximizing quality and performance
- Optimize content to meet specifications such as memory and performance gains
- Develop content creation workflow, documentation, and tutorials for technical process, tools and production pipelines for future reference
- Communicate risks and obstacles to the Principal Technical Artist and Project Manager and proactively work towards solutions for them
- Ensure technical specifications are adhered to by the art team
- Keep up with the latest industry trends by investigate new techniques, implementing them and training the team
- 3-5 years of experience in game development serving in a Technical Artist role with at least 2 shipped titles on consoles and/or PC
- Thorough understanding of at least one of the following: animation graphs, gpu/cpu/memory optimization, destructibles and dynamics for games
- Strong knowledge of Unreal 4, particularly blueprints
- Able to clearly communicate solutions to both the art and programming teams
- Demonstrates dedication, adaptability and accountability in own work
- Proven problem-solving skills, along with the ability to create rapid prototypes
- Understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development
- Ability to streamline workflow practices, reduce complexity, debug and optimize content
- Knowledgeable of game production methodologies
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. Piranha Games is part of the Enad Global 7 group. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Formal education is not always required. All team members are hand-picked because they are skilled in their individual fields, immensely creative and hard workers. We hire avid gamers and mold them to the standards we believe make amazing products.
Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.