Level Designer II
DesignFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
· Flexible Schedules
· Social Events
· Comprehensive Benefits
· Competitive Compensation
· Designs and owns game levels from concept to completion
· Works closely with the Design Lead and the Design team to ensure gameplay is consistent across all levels
· Maintains pacing, timing, sightlines and choke-points as key design elements when laying out levels
· Collaborates with the Art Director & Environment Artist to help establish environmental settings and aesthetics
· Works with Technical Artists and Engineering to help identify issues that may arise in development
· Works with the Project Manager to ensure that levels are on time for delivery to production
· Implements gameplay using game engine editors and scripting tools
· Documents and maintains level direction and production targets
· Actively participates in making recommendations on how to improve product quality and group productivity; providing support for team members while fostering positive communication through professional, supportive and prompt interactions
· A minimum of 2 years of game development experience in a design role on a shipped title
· Level design experience in a similar capacity within the video game industry
· Quantifiable knowledge of pipelines, pacing of multi-player maps and sightlines and visual blockers for tuning gameplay and performance
· Solid understanding of various game engine environment editors and scripting tools, including Unreal Engine 4
· Knowledge of various environment creation tools, as well as popular 3D packages such as 3DStudioMax or Maya
· A proven problem solver with an analytical mind and critical thinking, and able to collaborate within a team-oriented environment
· Experience designing First Person Shooter (FPS) multiplayer games
· One AAA credited title on console/PC
· Ability to think of creative solutions to technical limitations of the game engine
· Passion for gaming
Why work for us?
At Piranha Games, you are not just an individual — you are part of the family. Our team is a key component to our success and there is a genuine sense of support, collaboration and respect toward each other. We are proud of who we are and of our products.
We like to show you we care! Our benefits package includes 100% company paid Extended Health and Dental coverage, Transit Passes or Parking, Training Reimbursement, a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages, social events, Game Hour and our favorite: Beer Fridays! And that’s not all…
Want to know more? Submit your application and let us tell you about working at Piranha and why we love it!
Founded in 2000, Piranha Games is an action gaming studio with unparalleled experience developing licensed products for big-name franchises, including AAA licensed titles such as; Need for Speed: Undercover and Duke Nukem Forever. Best known for the Free-to-Play game title MechWarrior Online, PGI is as committed as ever to creating world-class action-based games, having most recently released MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries. For more information please visit www.piranhagames.com
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.