Team Lead, UI/UX
DesignFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we continue to provide remote working options to our employees. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team, however these positions will eventually work in our Vancouver office, once we make the decision to fully re-open. We will remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
A senior level contributor who works with the design team to develop video game user interface(s). This individual understands the artistic and design vision for the project and assists others in supporting that vision, utilizing their game industry experience. Must be a UX champion and diplomat, connecting franchise UX vision with team’s direction and help to build a culture for UX.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Motivate and contribute to the development of UI Design team members, and act as a mentor in terms of technical/artistic aspects
- Drive the direction of the front-end: conceptualize, design, create and maintain 2D/3D visual designs for game user interfaces in Unreal Engine 4
- Interpret existing style guides, and execute visual design work while adding appropriate visual ideas
- Ensure user interface is usable, aesthetically pleasing, efficient, and where necessary, falls in line with the given IP
- Work with UI Engineers to ensure correct implementation of designs
- Involved in building UI screens and components as required
- Attends software reviews and supports production and marketing as subject matter expert and user advocate for their product areas
- Producing Detailed Wireframes including locked designs, consistent interactions, optimal user flows and final copy
- Responsible for UX consistency and ensuring that Process is adhered to
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of the target audience, personas and the motivations that lead to deeper consumer engagement
- Collaborate with Interface Designers to translate architecture into the look-and-feel of UI and own UX Style Guide
- Prepare assets for production and working closely with engineers throughout implementation
- 5+ years of UX design experience in the gaming industry: development and shipment of AAA titles is preferred
- Expert abilities in Photoshop, Illustrator and motion graphics
- Strong typography, colour, iconography and layout skills
- Experienced in wireframe prototyping as well as creating high-fidelity mock-ups
- Experienced in multiple prototyping, presentation, and documentation methods
- Works under minimal supervision and may direct the work of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Effective at problem solving skills, group brainstorming and iterative design
- Expert attention to detail and knows what it takes to improve engagement and retention
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 and UMG
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psych, or similar field preferred, but not required
- Knowledge and appreciation of a wide variety of game genres and art styles in both PC and Console development environments.
- Project management experience
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.