Senior 3D Surfacing Artist
ArtFull TimeVancouver, BC
Piranha Games Inc. is taking the current COVID-19 situation very seriously. As the circumstances continue to change in the province of BC, we have chosen to keep our offices closed and to work remotely for the time being. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team and remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office, once we make the decision to re-open.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE
Under the guidance of Art Director, create efficient, high quality PBR environment materials and textures.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Work with modelers, level artists and lighting artist to create and apply consistent, adaptable PBR and Post Process materials and textures for terrain and environment assets.
- Work closely with Art Director and concept artists to ensure consistency, quality, and help hone the visual target
- Work with the Technical Art team to help achieve art and design goals, resolve issues, optimize and aid in R&D
- Work with the Producer to establish accurate estimates and to ensure deliverables are met
- Keep up with the latest industry trends by investigating new techniques
- Significant experience as a 3D artist in a game development environment
- Post-secondary education in Computer Graphics, Fine Arts, Game Art & Design or equivalent education and experience
- Extensive experience with Unreal Engine 4, specializing in material creation
- Expert Knowledge of Substance Designer, Photoshop, Ndo/Ddo, Xnormal etc.
- Proficiency in 3D software such as 3dsMax and ZBrush
- Ability to adapt to various artistic styles, from realistic to stylized
- An artistry for colour and texture application for terrain painting
- Strong traditional art and digital painting skills
- Strong aptitude to continuous learning in/outside work hours
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.