Senior Lighting and Visual Effects Artist
ArtFull TimeBritish Columbia
Piranha Games Inc. shares the increasing global concern about COVID-19 and we take the situation very seriously. To adjust to the current situation, we are still running our business as usual, while working remotely. We are currently hiring remote staff to join our team as we remain flexible for as long as is necessary to keep our employees and our community safe. Remote positions will eventually be required to work in the Vancouver office once it is safe to do so.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE AND PURPOSE:
Under the guidance of Art Director, light the various exterior and interior environments; create, maintain and optimize particle and post process effects.
WHY YOU SHOULD WORK WITH PGI:
- Flexible Schedules
- Social Events
- Comprehensive Benefits
- Work with the Art Director and Technical Artists to develop and document a variety of lighting schemes, all fitting within the art style.
- Work with the texturing team to ensure materials are cohesive and work across all lighting schemes.
- Create in-engine visual effects, supported by a variety of content tools and source assets.
- Work with the design team to ensure lighting and visual effects enhance gameplay and storytelling.
- Understand advantages and limitations of the technology, and develop strategies for maximizing performance.
- Optimize visual effects and lighting schemes to meet performance specifications.
- Develop documentation and tutorials for technical process.
- Actively seek out and provide feedback within the lighting and VFX scope.
- Resolve lighting and VFX bugs.
- Keep up with the latest industry trends by investigating new techniques.
- Be a positive and creative force in the team.
- Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities as requested.
- 6 years+ experience in game development, with at least 2 shipped AAA titles on consoles and/or PC.
- 3 years+ in a Lighting Artist role.
- Significant experience with Unreal 4 for game production.
- Comprehensive understanding of materials, PBR lighting, and visual effects for games.
- Able to present and defend work in a group setting.
- Understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development.
- Understanding of game production methodologies.
- A solid grasp of traditional and digital art styles and techniques.
- Familiar with UE Niagara Particle System
Piranha Games is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Should you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Due to the amount of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.